Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Nutty Monkey

So last night my friend and I decided to do flow yoga instead of cross fit. I feel it was a good relaxing workout but still feel sore today.

I started my day off with another "Skinny Bitch" smoothie The Nutty Monkey. It was delicious. I drank half when I got up and half around 10am which was a good snack. I am taking a run on my lunch break today and want to feel energized.

The Nutty Monkey
(makes 2 servings)
350calories/serving
Eating half will fill you up
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Frozen banana, cut into chunks
1/4c organic creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons whole, raw almonds
1 tsp wheat germ
2 tablespoons all natural strawberry jam

Put all ingredients in a blender and combine.

Adapted from Skinny Bitch

In addition to my better eating habits for the year I am also the Ombudsman for Coast Guard group Humboldt Bay. I am in the process of learning my role and getting the hang of things. So far this position can vary from day to day but I am loving it. As the ombudsman I am the main point of contact for the command and the families. I feel that I am fully using my communication degree that I worked hard on for 4 years. Being an effective communicator is one of the most important aspects of this position. In addition, I have recieved many compliments on my ability to speak infront of the whole station at morning muster effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment