Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolution

I realize that New Year’s resolutions usually get broken quite quickly or forgotten about. I plan on being accountable for mine by tracking my progress with my readers. DH and I have decided to get in shape by our family reunion in July. Neither one of us is by no means overweight, but we seek to be healthier. I started the year off right by purchasing a cookbook entitled “Skinny Bitch”. Although I have previously read the novel Skinny Bitch the cookbook is actually a spinoff. For those of you who haven’t heard of skinny bitch you can check out the website here www.skinnybitchdaily.com. It is written by a girl who majored in Holistic nutrition and realized that it was time to start putting better shit in her body to live a longer and happier life. Although it is a vegan cookbook, I have no intentions of becoming completely vegan. My goal with this cookbook is to incorporate some of these healthy recipes into my daily diet. I started the new year snowboarding, which if you have ever been you will know that afterwards every bone in your body aches and hurts. But, I already feel stronger after snowboarding. Yesterday I did my zumba ab workout, washed the cars, and walked the dogs. I do not have a planned workout for today, but am going to make an effort to do something physical. I look forward to this healthy year ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment