Thursday, January 13, 2011

My vegetarian dog

When I cook, I tend to drop food on the floor quite often. Kona has learned this and usually lays on the floor under my feet as I attempt new recipes. She is not a picky eater by any means, she will eat ANYTHING I drop. I have never met a furry friend that actually enjoyed her vegetables. Kona will eat whole carrots, celery, lettuce... and just about any other greens you can think of. Although Kona is not completely vegetarian, by eating a wide variety of vegetables, she is reducing her cute little carbon foot print. People are always concerned about what kind of impact they are making on the world when it comes to recycling and reusing. Can we hold our dogs to the same standards? Although, I will admit I am a bit wasteful, moving to Humboldt county has made me more aware of the environment because it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Tips to lowering your carbon footprint that are practical and I use:
1. Run all of your arrands after work, instead of making multiple trips.
2. Buy produce that is grown locally.
3. Avoid drive thru food runs, this will not only lower your carbon footprint, but can help you be a skinny bitch.
4. Recycle. I know this is debatable due to the cost, but atleast we can reuse the material again.
5. Buy a reusable water bottle and coffee mug, they are awesome!

Those are just some of the EASY things I do to make an impact in the world.
Ghandi once said "Be the change you want to see in the world"
Everyday I make small changes that impact the whole world.
After a long day, Kona fell asleep along with her vegetables :)

No comments:

Post a Comment