Thursday, January 13, 2011

INDIA and YOGA

A few months ago my neighbor was kind enough to give me a CD after I watched her dog for the weekend. It contained music from India. I kind of set this aside and didn’t begin to appreciate it until I began my practice of Yoga. If you think Yoga is too easy you’re wrong! If you think you need to be Buddhist to practice Yoga your wrong! I started practicing Yoga at my local Gym with friends. It is a great way to get more flexible, release stress, and learn a lot about you. My thoughts of beginning to practice Yoga were inspired by the Book/Movie Eat, Pray, Love. The main concept of this book/movie is to discover who you are and do things for yourself. Yoga for me is an appreciation of myself. It helps me to clear my head, and think about who I am as a person. I consider Yoga a method of worship, not to Buddha in this sense but to the higher power I personally believe in which is God in the Christian religion. By practicing I am not only showing appreciation for my body, but my heart and soul. In yoga you have to forget about thinking and follow your heart/spirit. I think this is the part of the stress relieving benefit. I mean how often do we not think with our brains?

                                                                                                                                        
The India CD my neighbor provided is amazing. You can play it and just feel as if you are in direct connection with the higher power you believe in. It is uplifting yet relaxing. Today I left this CD on for the dogs while I journeyed to work. I hope they can get the same benefits from the music of India that I do.
                                       
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment