Monday, February 7, 2011

7-11 Slurpee over 70?

On my journey last week into parts unknown aka Alameda California I passed by a 7-11. There are no 7-11's in Humboldt AT ALL. It's been over a year since ive been to Florida and I can start to tell how much I miss it. People here dont even know what a slurpee is here..... I passed by MANY 7-11’s. Everytime I would pass… I would look at the temperature gauge. For some reason I couldn’t stop… it was only 67 degrees out. I am from Florida and it usually doesn’t get down to 67 degrees. For some odd reason I associated a slurpee with warm weather and a drive to the beach. This is probably because my dear friends Sarah, Ellen, and Melissa, would hop into my yellow mustang grab some slurpees and head to the beach when we were younger. I just couldn’t bring myself to stop because of the cold weather. Who wants a slurpee when it’s cold out? Now that’s no fun. I ended up not stopping, I just couldn’t give in.. it just wasn’t over 70.

1 comment:

  1. Slurpee! MMMM! When we lived in Sacramento with Joel's Mom she lived super close to Seven Eleven and we would walk over there almost daily for HUGE slurpees! So good! Pretty much the only way I made it through Sacto summers!

    ReplyDelete