Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meatless Monday's

I would probably be a vegetarian if it weren’t for my meat loving husband. To try and stay healthier we have agreed upon meatless Monday’s in our house. We started this about 3 weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. This week for dinner we had veggie stir fry with brown rice. My good friend/coworker Kira is vegetarian and shared one of her fabulous cookbooks with me, while flipping through I found a great looking easy stir-fry recipe. After doing some research I found that meatless Monday is actually something that exists and promoted by Peta. Now for those of us who took rhetorical theory we know about Peta…. And no I’m not talking about Pita Pit. J

 I found out that just lowering the amount of meat you eat and going part time vegetarian as some would call it… you can lower your carbon footprint, cholesterol, fat intake, and a whole bunch of other things that should be lowered in all of us.  This made me feel even better about incorporating meatless Monday’s into our lifestyle. It is awesome because Monday’s are always rough for me, and not cooking meat lowers the cooking time of a meal by quite a bit… now only if my rice cooker had a turbo button.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Mihaly and I are the same way. I'm not a vegetarian but if I could, I would live off of fruits and veggies, when he is all about steak and red meat.

    ReplyDelete