Monday, February 7, 2011

Thank you Humboldt for having no traffic!!!

I don’t know how I ever attended college and lived in Orlando Florida. I am not sure how I rode with Tim’s mom an hour to my job in Virginia. Both of these places are high traffic areas. I was recently in the Oakland area in California. It took me twice as long to get to my destination as it should have. I was in traffic for 2 hours with the sun in my eyes. Worse… I had never been where I was going before. If it weren’t for my trusty GPS on my car I probably would have paid the $5 bridge toll multiple times instead of once. Living in Humboldt I don’t really deal with traffic. I work 8:30AM-5PM which means I drive in “rush-hour”. I would hardly call what we have here in Humboldt a rush hour. I am not sure what we will do if we end up getting transferred to a city in 2012. I absolutely don’t like traffic. I guess it is something you just have to deal with. But for the next year and a half… I will be thankful that I don’t get stuck in wall to wall cars on my way to work, that my palms aren’t sweating, and that I can make it to my job in the actual amount of time it takes to get there and not double that. I want to give a big thank you to Humboldt county today for not having traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment